Soft Tissue Mobilisation
This is an intensive 2 day course that looks into the assessment and palpation of the soft tissues in the lower limb and identifies inappropriate tightness and restriction.
This course is College of Podiatry approved for extended scope practice.
Course Content and Learning Outcomes
- Palpation and assessment skills for soft tissues of the lower leg, foot and ankle.
- Treat and rehabilitate various injured muscles, ligaments, fascia, retinacular using essential mobilisation (massage) techniques for general treatment of tissues.
- Learn Specific Soft Tissue Mobilisation techniques to restore a muscles/ligaments/tendons capacity to tolerate loading, both non-weight bearing and weight bearing.
- Conditions that benefit include: plantar fascial problems, ankle sprains and forefoot pain problems, plantar plate conditions, achilles and other tendon injuries.
This course is suitable for:
- Private and NHS practitioners
- Sports Therapists
It comes with a pre-reading PDF, manual, extended scope practice for COP and BAPO members.
Dates and Costs for 2019
DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED
To book – NO BOOKINGS BEING TAKEN YET
In booking you:
1. Confirm you are a qualified registered podiatrist.
2. Agree to the payment Terms and Conditions and Privacy Terms listed on this site.
Soft Tissue Course Testimonials
Very helpful both in practical and theoretical aspects.
Just did Ian’s course and this seemed like as good a place as any to say thanks for a great
weekend and give a thumbs up. That was the soft tissue mobilisation course but got some good
feedback for the ankle mobs course while I was there.
Good mix of practical and theory. Nice balance to timing of sessions. Well demonstrated
techniques and open encouraging teaching style.
Soft tissue mobilisation complements my existing knowledge and skills in joint mobilisation.
Started incorporating into clinical work straight away, and I’m looking forward to tracking the long
Been on Ian’s soft tissue course and getting great results so went on his ankle mob course and can only sing his praises again. I’m looking forward now to do the foot mobs with Ian, I had been on a foot mob course before but like Ian’s manner better so will be going on his foot mob course when it next comes round. Got nothing to say but positives about Ian’s courses big thumbs up!
Well structured and well delivered – this was an extremely interesting course that has introduced
a valuable element to my future clinical practice.
Your informal and interactive approach enhances the very interesting subject matter. Having
such a lot of hands on practice is also great.
Firstly, thank you for delivering a first class course on soft tissue mobilisation. It had just the right mix of theory, research and practical hands on.